REVIEW: Maybelline The Falsies Volum Express Mascara



Another quick review for you!

After using up all of my beloved Collection 5-in-1 mascara, I decided it was time to venture out and try something everyone has been talking about for years: Maybelline’s The Falsies mascara! I picked one up in my local boots in the Volum Express version (as I love a bit of volume). Here are my thoughts:

It certainly gives volume, like a LOT. Borderline clumpy, but I am completely okay with that. It’s super black and only took a coat to make a massive difference to my lashes. It can be built up more, but I did end up with spider lashes when trying this and being a little heavy handed. The wand is curved (see below) which makes it really easy to get all of my lashes and give them a nice fluttery, girly look.
All this sounds great right? It was, until after about 2 weeks of solid use I noticed my eyes were very dry and cracking. I thought “change in the weather”, moisturise more and it will be gone in a few days. Skip to another two weeks later and my eyes continued to be inflamed, dry and cracked all around. I couldn’t understand why, so I popped into my local pharmacy and they reckoned I had a reaction – possibly to a cosmetic product – and it clicked, the only new product I had used was The Falsies! I am not sure what I reacted to, but I can’t use it anymore which I am very sad about, as I really enjoyed the results! This is why I have no specific photos to show the mascara on!

Let this be a cautionary tale to sensitive skinned ladies (or gents) out there – this may not gel well with your eyelids. Overall though, the mascara gave great results –my lashes were full and fluttery with one coat, so if you are not so sensitive and have not given it a try, go get it!

Here are some other reviews of this product that I liked:

Comments

Popular Posts